Tuesday, May 31, 2011

What a fun start to summer!

Wow, I finally feel like summer is in full gear! Todd is a 12 month employee so I get my days to myself to play and enjoy the summer but Todd also gets to come home a little earlier than during the school year, so I get to spend the evenings with him! We went to the lake for Memorial Day and spent time with my sister, Avery, my soon to be brother in law, Curtis, and my dad. (Kel and mom were moving Kel to Austin this past weekend) 

My sweet dad, he has spent 40 years watching my mom be a hostess to everyone she knows, including her grown children, so with her absent, he TRIED his hardest to be her replacement. He put cushions out on the deck, had wine in the wine cooler, and even cooked breakfast for 3 mornings (typical male meal: bacon, eggs, and oatmeal). One morning he even said "guys, I am going to make us some pancakes." We were excited until he pulled out the frozen pancakes and asked "how many do you want? I have to heat them up in the microwave!" Okay, nothing against frozen pancakes, I like any breakfast items, it just made me laugh because he thought he was the greatest cook ever! Sweet dad, I sure do love him!

We spent time with my parents best friends and their kids who are like siblings to us. It was such a wonderful relaxing time. Todd and I LOVE going to the lake because we truly relax. Our phones dont work all the time so the only people we talk to are the people we see. It is really a time to focus on family and just enjoy the lake! Cooper even took his first boat ride....wish I had a picture of it! I think he was scared to death but he didnt try to jump out so we called it a success!

Lastly, I am about to start a new devotional in the morning called Praying with a Purpose.  I think God is really trying to teach me about my prayer life and so, I am listening! Cant wait to find out what this book teaches me...I will keep you updated, and probably be praying for you too!

Did I mention, I love summer!

2 comments:

  1. WOOHOO summer!!! Glad yall had a fun weekend at the lake. Props for your dad trying to be "hostess with the mostest". Bless his heart with those pancakes :) Let me know how you end up liking your new devotional book...

    *Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for summer! I am psyched (and that is not a word I use lightly :)) to see you! I am off during the days a couple of days a week so I'd love to catch up! Give me a shout tomorrow if you get bored!

    ReplyDelete