Wednesday, May 18, 2011

God proves Himself...again!

Okay, God is God and He does not have to PROVE Himself to us, but isnt it great when He does?! So, we all face things in our life where we wonder "Why me?" or "What am I supposed to learn from this?" Well, this year has been that way for me in many areas of life. Todd and I have spent many nights in prayer over certain issues and today seemed to be another dead end. I believe that God is tough enough and big enough for us to ask Him questions. I do not believe we need to doubt God but He knows our feelings, so I believe we are best to admit them to God. So, in the midst of tears and being brutally honest with God today, the radio in my car suddenly started playing the song "Blessings" by Laura Story. I have heard this song 100 times but suddenly it was VERY applicable. Isn't God good? While I am questioning God and asking why he lets certain things occur, he provides a song that proves He is listening to me (even me!) Hopefully the lyrics help others going through things that they dont understand!

We pray for blessings

We pray for peace

Comfort for family, protection while we sleep

We pray for healing, for prosperity

We pray for Your mighty hand to ease our suffering

All the while, You hear each spoken need

Yet love us way too much to give us lesser things



Cause what if Your blessings come through raindrops

What if Your healing comes through tears

What if a thousand sleepless nights

Are what it takes to know You’re near

What if trials of this life are Your mercies in disguise



We pray for wisdom

Your voice to hear

And we cry in anger when we cannot feel You near

We doubt Your goodness, we doubt Your love

As if every promise from Your Word is not enough

All the while, You hear each desperate plea

And long that we'd have faith to believe





Isnt God great? In the midst of anger and questions towards God, He provides a love song! 

1 comment:

  1. I love that song, too...such a great message! Thinking about yall.

    *Julie

    ReplyDelete