Wednesday, October 5, 2011

"Did you ask God for patience?"

That was the question one of my dear friends asked me on Monday when she called about my results from my apt. on Monday. So, Monday I set out for Montgomery at 5:50 in the morning for my 6:45 apt at the ART program to check my hormone levels, etc. I was under the impression that Monday afternoon I would know if I was pregnant or not. So, I waited ALLLLL day. Finally, at 4:30 my sweet nurse in Birmingham called. This was exactly how the first part of the conversation went:
nurse: Rachel, what are you doing
R: Well, Im driving to a football game
N: Okay, pull over I have to talk to you
R:Okay, am I dying?
N: Pull over! okay, here is the deal: I am not telling you that you are pregnant but I am saying that the IUI worked!!!
R: WHAT? Does that mean I got half a baby growing in me or something?

Okay, needless to say, I was completely confused! But, after LOTS of explaining, she told me that the IUI (that usually only has about a 20% chance of working the first time) worked and the effect of the IUI had happened! But, the problem is that my progesterone levels are not as high as they need them to be so they are not sure the IUI (which I like to consider a baby) may not sustain through this process.

So, whats next? Well, they gave me some lovely meds that are NOT taken orally that I have to take every night and then I go back tomorrow morning at the same time to see if my progesterone has gone up?! Apparently they will be able to tell me more tomorrow!

Praise the Lord that this process at least works....in case I have to do it again, I am confident we are in the greatest hands! Also, if we are pregnant, then we now officially THREE weeks pregnant! Todd says it best when he told his mother that we are "cautiously optimistic". For the first time in this process, I have gotten really excited because we have had good news....which makes me so nervous! But, the author and perfecter of this world is in control. The God of the universe, who knows every hair on my head, also knows the plan for us! I cling to the assurance that "God is never early and never late! His timing is perfect!" Please continue to pray for peace and understanding through this process. Each step is one more answer and step! We are trusting in the perfect plan and timing of our God!

1 comment:

  1. Still praying so hard for y'all! Please let me know when you find out something! I am so happy for y'all that the process is so-far successful. :)

    ReplyDelete