Sunday, August 29, 2010

School is back in session.....already????

Wow! I cannot believe I have already been in school for 3 weeks. What a bless God has given me in my class this year! I have such sweet kids and I am so thankful for years where God gives me exactly what I need...and want! Twenty five 10 year olds is a lot most days but they are sweet and polite (most of the time) and enjoy being together so hopefully this year will be the best one yet! I dont think that any year it gets any easier to start the school year. I felt just as nervous the first day of school this as I did my very first year but my kids always seem to make me laugh and ease all the anxiety!

Surprisingly, in 3 weeks of school, I have already missed one entire week. Bronchitis has hit and when the doctor told me to "rest for awhile", I guess he really meant it. Because, when I did not rest, it no longer became a suggestion but a requirement. With tons of steroids, antibiotics, inhalers, and a breathing machine, it seems to be getting a little better!

Cheerleading is also in full swing. My girls are so sweet but definitely getting ready for their first football game tomorrow. They seem to love being together and really work hard at practice so I could not be more thankful for sweet 9th grade girls that I get to spend every afternoon with. This has been the perfect group of girls to have as my first cheerleading squad! Pictures to come after the first game!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you're on the mend! Yep, those doctors occasionally know what they're talking about :)

    I look forward to catching up and hearing more about your sweet 5th graders and your sweet big girls...sweet is never a bad thing!

    ReplyDelete